California  |  Real Estate Law

I want a reasonably priced lawyer to write a letter to a neighbor who is damaging my property in California.

I want a letter written to my adjoining neighbor communicating 1) that they have damaged my landscaping by coming onto my property and cutting vines, and that they are not allowed to trespass nor further damage my landscaping, and 2) that they must control their own runoff water from their downspouts and not allow it to further damage my home. I also want to letter to include some statement of what my next action would be if they continue with their damaging acts.

Briefly, I have a long term pre-existing stone wall in my front yard that is 1-2 feet entirely on my property and covered with 20 year old, slow growing vines. The neighbor uses the strip of land between my yard and theirs as their own, and recently trimmed a number of my vines, killing them by cutting them off at the bottom.

Further, they have downspouts that drain on my yard and flood my living room by creating standing water. It's my understanding they must control their own runoff.

Email is best for me, as I travel.