Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

When recording a installment land contract in Kern County California, is the buyer supposed to submit a PCOR at the same time? How does the buyer take over the property tax payments?

Asked on 9/01/13, 9:07 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You don't submit a PCOR with the recording of an installment land sale contract, because title is not transferred to the buyer until all the payments have been made under the installment land sale contract. Usually the installment land sale contract will contain a provision that requires the vendee (buyer) to pay the property taxes. The contract itself should reference the Assessor's Parcel Number, with an annotation in the left hand side that states "when recorded mail tax statements to: (vendee's name and address)."

Read more
Answered on 9/01/13, 9:19 am
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Mr. Roach is correct. The buyer does not become liable to the county until the contract is completed. This is one of MANY problems with using a contract for deed rather than a deed with a carry back deed of trust.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/13, 12:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now