California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/28/13, 1:52 pm

how can i remove a lien from our home, debt incurred by relative who was on title?

my wife bought this home 4yrs ago using her adult son's income to qualify for the loan. he was put on title and subsequently failed to pay his child support. since he was on title with this home, they put a lien on the residence. he never lived at the location, did not pay the mortgage/etc. and was used by my wife only to secure the loan so that she could own the home.

Now,,we are married,,we married 18 months ago and she took him off title and put me on title. we now want to sell but can't because escrow cant get clear title.

SO, is there a way to remove the lien the son aquired while he was on title?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search