California  |  Real Estate Law

I was given verbal notice of a fumigation, but the time was never confirmed. I live in LA and in my lease it states that it is the tenants responsibility to prep the area. I even called the day before to ask them about it, because I actually needed to change it due to work. They never called me back to confirm they were doing it or to speak about it.

They also never provided written notice they were doing it nor did they provide a time (just a date on Friday in words). Last time they did it - there was a written notice of the times on my door the night before.

Now I have to get rid of all my food and spices and exotic teas and expensive dried mushrooms. I also had clothing strewn about the place (very busy with work), so that was terribly embarrassing.

They also did not plug the fridge back in this hot LA heat. Seriously, it was like 90 degrees. Everything in there needs to be thrown out regardless due to the fumigation I guess.

Answered on: 6/15/13, 5:23 pm by John Laurie

I understand the story but what is the question.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356

Answered on: 6/17/13, 12:18 am by Anthony Roach

I think landlords in Los Angeles are lousy. But do you have a legal question?

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311