Legal Question in Social Security Law in California

My father died years ago and I was under 18 and still enrolled in school. Am I entitled to money now?

Asked on 3/28/13, 2:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daphne Macklin Law Office of Daphne L. Macklin
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you were acknowledged as your late father's child, you should be eligible for SSD dependents' benefits. However in order to qualify for these benefits, your father needed to have paid into the Social Security retirement system. You need to contact your local SSA District Office about this issue.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/13, 4:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now