Legal Question in Tax Law in California

Are there any benefits to changing addresses for tax purposes? i.e. Changing from Union City (94587) to San Jose (95122). This is in the state of California.

Asked on 1/14/12, 2:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It must be a legitimate physical transfer; the Post Office decides it and you can not just transfer without their permission. It might effect your property taxes because you are changing counties and each has their own add on charges for different water, college districts, etc. Sales tax is lower but that is based upon where you buy the property/item and not where you live [except if paying sales tax for online transaction].

Read more
Answered on 1/16/12, 11:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now