California  |  Traffic Law

I bought a car off of a guy on Craigslist. Everything was okay except the brakes screeched a little. He said that I was no big deal and that the repairs would only cost 80 bucks tops.

I payed him 1200 cash on the spot.

When I took it into the mechanic the brakes were totally shot. $1300 worth of repairs with discounts. I've never seen bakes this bad in my life.

Now it looks like I'll just sell it to a salvage yard for 200 bucks.

The mechanic say he must have known, probably sold it to me cause he didn't want to replace them himself.

All told I lost a grand. I have his number and all of his info on the pink slip. Can I sue him to get my money back? Is it even worth it?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.