Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

If you are drininvg with a suspended license in California and get in an accident but are fully covered are you liable for the damages if the other driver is at fault?

Asked on 2/23/13, 11:35 pm

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward McCutchan Sunderland | McCutchan, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Under California law even if you are driving on a suspended driver's license where you have insurance for your vehicle and are involved in an automobile accident that is entirely the fault of the other driver, then under the law, you would not be responsible for the other driver's damages. Rather, the other driver would be responsible for your damages if any.

Just because you may have been driving on a suspended driver's license, unless you caused the accident you would not be responsible for the other party's damages under the law. However, driving on a suspended license could get you in trouble criminally as opposed to a civil matter.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/13, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now