Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

I received a ticket for a speeding violation in March. I am writing an appeal to the court in San Diego and want to know how to best approach my situation using the TR 205 form. What happened was that I was going 75 mph and reached a point on the highway that sloped downward and abruptly leveled out. At the very peak in slope my maximum acceleration reached 79 mph to which I became aware of and took my foot off of the acceleration pedal and decreased my speed. The highway patrol wrote down my max speed at 81 mph, but my speedometer never recorded my speed that high to my knowledge. What's the best way to approach an appeal so that this doesn't go on my Class A record? I am a driver for a company and cannot have a traffic violation on my record or else I may lose my job.

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Andrew Roberts Roberts Law Group

If you admit you were doing 75 mph you will lose! That is speeding! Your speed limit is 55 - unless you were driving your personal vehicle. Then you are eligible for traffic school- which you should have requested at your trial.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California