California  |  Wills and Trusts

A dear friend of mine told me that when she passed, she would help me and my family with a "substantial sum" . She also said my deceased brother (adopted at birth by the deceased and who i knew for a little more than a year)had savings which was added to that sum which would be granted to us, when she passed, God rest her soul.

Here's the problem: the person in charge of her will, estate and worth is her daughter who has never liked me. I am Muslim and because there is absolutely no other reason to dislike me (i met her once, literally), I believe its because of my religion. Anyways, my dear friend died in March 2013. Telling you we are in need of help is an understatement. I dont know how much has been alloted to me and my family. I just know its there. How do I inquire about the will and what has been left for me???? I am certain the daughter will do anything in her power to stop it from happening. I am in Delaware, the deceased lived in California. Desperately in need of your help. Thank you.