California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/04/13, 12:51 am

A dear friend of mine told me that when she passed, she would help me and my family with a "substantial sum" . She also said my deceased brother (adopted at birth by the deceased and who i knew for a little more than a year)had savings which was added to that sum which would be granted to us, when she passed, God rest her soul.

Here's the problem: the person in charge of her will, estate and worth is her daughter who has never liked me. I am Muslim and because there is absolutely no other reason to dislike me (i met her once, literally), I believe its because of my religion. Anyways, my dear friend died in March 2013. Telling you we are in need of help is an understatement. I dont know how much has been alloted to me and my family. I just know its there. How do I inquire about the will and what has been left for me???? I am certain the daughter will do anything in her power to stop it from happening. I am in Delaware, the deceased lived in California. Desperately in need of your help. Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search