California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/31/13, 8:06 am

My father just passed away and I am the trustee of the trust. There are four beneficiaries in the trust, however we discovered that my mother, who passed away in 2007, had another son who was adopted in another country. Do I have to notify him. California probate code 16061.7 mentions something about heirs but I don't understand what my responsibility is since he is not a beneficiary

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search