Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

can i take grant deed papers that been notorize bythe grantors on their behalf to the court house to get recorded

Asked on 3/10/13, 10:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You don't record deeds in court; you record them in the County Recorder's office (in some counties, these are in the same building.) And yes, if you are acting under the instructions of the grantors, you may record the deed for them, either in person or by mail, if accompanied by a Change of Ownership Report and with proper fees enclosed.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/13, 11:09 am
Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

N.B. if the transfer is from parent to child, be sure to also file a Claim for Exemption from Reassessment

Read more
Answered on 3/10/13, 7:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now