California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/13/08, 3:44 am

Real Estate of a Deceased Family Member

My mother died about 3 days ago and she owned a house. She didn't have a will, but I'm her only child, she is not married, and has no brother's and sisters. She has left everything to me. She still owes on her mortgage. I was wondering if it is necessary for me to get an attorney to take care of the house situation. At this time I'm unsure if she had insurance to cover the entire cost of the house afer her death. Will the house go into probate? What is the best thing for me to do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search