California  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/26/02, 3:01 pm

Disclosing Past Medical History

I have an open workerís comp claim through my past employer and am offered voc rehab for that injury Ė carpal tunnel - which I have accepted.

Now, I am claiming a work injury with my new employer for chronic low back problem because it was under control and now has gotten worse so it may be a partial injury. Iíve had this problem for the past 5 years and Iíve been with this employer for past 9 months. I have not disclosed to this insurance co. that this has been a chronic condition by not returning the medical record release form. Iím not trying to claim this injury fraudulently, this problem has worsen since I have been working here. Originally, this injury was not caused by an accident, work, or any specific event.

This new injury was reported to my new insu. Co. on 2/28/02 and a month later, after leaving several messages, I still have not been offered info. on med. Facility I can go to although I do have a claim #.

Should I disclose, to this insu. Co., that I have an open claim with another insu. co. for carpal tunnel and that they have offered me voc. Rehab? Also, If I tell them about my chronic low back history, does that automatically deny my claim?

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search