California  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/14/13, 11:14 pm

I have an existing back injury. Its been tolerable for a while now. 2days ago at work I was photographing freight for a customer with a male coworker who was operating the forklift. It was an accident but he bumped into me while backing it up. When I was hit I turned my body in a way that totally reaggrivated my back problem. Now I've had pain again for 2days. My general manager in so many words told me that the company can't have a WC claim because the premium would skyrocket and the company would be in trouble. I know the security camers caught everything so the incident can be proven not my fault and know its against the law for them to intimidate me into keeping my mouth shut. However, I know my work life would be miserable if I did the right thing. I'm 40 yrs old and I need to take care of myself. I have a family to support and they need me in tip top shape. But they also need me employed. I already let them go in April by not filing sexual harassment charges on a different male coworker when he touched my breasts. I'm tired if overlooking all the bad just to be considered a team player Help.

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search