California  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/15/13, 5:48 pm

I work full time as an assistant for an artist and I am paid horly. I was in my car running errands for the artist I work for and I was rear-ended. I suffered whiplash and had to take off a week and a half of work due to the fact that there is a lot of heavy lifting involved in my line of work and with my whiplash I could not do much work at all. The girl that hit me dose not have any insurance. I was told by a co-woker that my employer needed to pay for my time off of work with workers comp and that I was to be paid for a full days of work on the day that I got hit and had to go home early. Is this true? Is it the law that my employer needs to reimburse me for the days i missed due to the fact that I was injured on the job? The person that hit me has taken care of all damages to my car but I am not sure she can afford to pay for my time off and I dont think I will get much if I sue her. We have been working 9-12 hour days and since I am off of work due to an on the job injury I am really missing out on the money I should be making. Is my employer responsible for my medical bills and paying me for my time off since it was an on the job injury?

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search