Your browser doesn't support JavaScript or JavaScript support has been disabled. You must enable JavaScript to use this application.

Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

I work full time as an assistant for an artist and I am paid horly. I was in my car running errands for the artist I work for and I was rear-ended. I suffered whiplash and had to take off a week and a half of work due to the fact that there is a lot of heavy lifting involved in my line of work and with my whiplash I could not do much work at all. The girl that hit me dose not have any insurance. I was told by a co-woker that my employer needed to pay for my time off of work with workers comp and that I was to be paid for a full days of work on the day that I got hit and had to go home early. Is this true? Is it the law that my employer needs to reimburse me for the days i missed due to the fact that I was injured on the job? The person that hit me has taken care of all damages to my car but I am not sure she can afford to pay for my time off and I dont think I will get much if I sue her. We have been working 9-12 hour days and since I am off of work due to an on the job injury I am really missing out on the money I should be making. Is my employer responsible for my medical bills and paying me for my time off since it was an on the job injury?

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 113

Filename: ads/dbaccess.php

Line Number: 13

Fatal Error: I could not connect to the specified database server because: