Legal Question in Immigration Law in Colorado

immigraion

My sister has approved petition I-130 which my mom filled out for her as a parent permanent resident filing for unmarried child under 21 years old.At the time of filing sister was 19, now she is 22, but as I understand it's not a problem since petition was filed before 21. But while petition was in process sister got married in foreign country but unfortunately now her marriage is not working out and she is in divorce process.If her divorce will be finalized before embassy interview can she still obtain imm.visa based on this petition?Thank you.

Eric Fisher Law Office of Eric A. Fisher. LLC

Re: immigraion

At the AILA-ICE LIAISON MEETING on MAY 30, 2008

the following was presented:

C. Rapid REPAT (Removal of Eligible Parolees Accepted for Transfer)

Non-violent aliens serving sentences for non-violent crimes can apply for early release if

they agree to cooperate with their removal. Detainees have to apply before parole board

and then apply before ICE. New York and Arizona have similar programs in place and

all states have been contacted to determine whether their parole policies are compatible.

ICE has presented the programs to all fifty states. Over 200,000 aliens in state or local

custody will be issued NTA’s.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Colorado