Connecticut  |  Entertainment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/25/02, 4:05 pm

Talent Release for Non Talent

As an employee of a corporation I performed in many commercials as the principle talent in national advertising ads.

I made it clear that I did not want to continue to do the spots which were interfering with my job. They used corporate pressure to ensure I did them, then released me.

They have since asked for my signature on a talent release for recent spots.

1) Am I obligated to sign the talent release because I did them as an employee?

2) Do they have the right to use my image as they see fit?

3) Can I be compensated for my signature?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search