Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

My 20 year old daughter has autisim. Her father who has a serious drug problem has taken her out of fear that I won't let him see her again. I don't know where they are or if she is safe. Can I legally report this as a kidnapping since she's an adult and he's her father ? And can I do anything to prevent him from gaining access to her through the courts ?

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

I believe it will all depend on the extent of the autism. If she is unable to take care of herself and make adult decisions then you can go to the probate court and request an order of guardianship. I assume from your question that you do not already have a court order from family court. You should also go to the police station and see if they can help you.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut