Connecticut  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/07/12, 2:08 pm

My parents are divorced and my mom has trouble paying the mortgage on the house that my father bought with her. My dad is currently renting a house and his car was repossessed just before Christmas and he could only get it back if his aunt co-signed with him to buy it. He has it back and I'm not sure if he bought it or not. My mom can only pay her mortgage because her father is helping her, and my dad's name is still on it so it causes some problems. My dad is renting a house. My mom gets some help from the church through gift cards so that we can afford food at the grocery store. If someone were to report our family to the CPS, would my little sister and I be detained and placed in foster care?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search