Connecticut  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/18/08, 4:47 pm

Changing career paths after getting NIW (adv degree) Green card

I am a postdoc doing cancer research in a top US school. I have applied for a green card under the NIW advanced degree/ exceptional researcher category. Assuming I get it,

1) Can I change my career path to a related but non-research position such as scientific consulting/ IP law ?

2) Will this have any bearing on my green card renewal/ naturalization proceedings ?

3) Can I apply to law school/ business school after getting the green card ?

Thank you so much.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search