Legal Question in Immigration Law in District of Columbia

I am a legal permanent resident of the US. I had gotten married before I came here but my wife have never been to US. That means we lived apart for some years, and our marriage has faded. However, I cannot produce documentation for divorce or any other legal termination from my country. Now I want to apply for citizenship. Can I simply fill "terminated" or "annulled" in marital status section? This marriage, for all practical purposes, is dead.

Amy Long Law Office of Amy A. Long, PLLC

If you are still legally married, you need to fill out the N-400 accordingly. You will need to know your wife's date of birth and the date you were married. You also need to provide information about your wife's prior spouse, to whom she was married before you, if there was one. You will not need to provide a copy of a divorce decree with the N-400. Good luck.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in District of Columbia