Legal Question in Real Estate Law in District of Columbia

I signed up for a timeshare a few weeks ago and later realized there were additional fees associated when reserving the rooms which we were not told about. We contacted the realtor who had us sign the papers and he told us to mail the cancellation letter even though we told him we passed the grace period and he said it should be fine. We did mail it then after a week got a letter back stating we did not mail it in time. How do we get out of this timeshare?

Torrance Colvin The Colvin Law Firm

Difficult for us to guess what the contract says about cancellation and whether there are any loopholes that can be exploited to nullify the contract. I suggest you pay an attorney to review the contract. Having reviewed several timeshare contracts, I doubt it wold take more than an hour of his/her time.

Best of luck.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in District of Columbia