Egypt  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/25/00, 4:33 pm

Claim

The Trading Co.,

Cairo-Egypt

We're a company that imports automotive parts from the US.

We received a price quote and samples from a US supplier last year. They advised, then, they'll ship as soon as payment is received. In November 99, we placed an order, sent them full payment in advance. They, then, advised they have a delay and promised shipping to take place Jan. 2000. In Jan., they advised they won't be able to ship before May. In May they advised that shipment is now ready to go, they just need a new check since the one they have is too old. We sent a new one, they stopped replying to us till a few days ago when they sent us a fax advising they won't be able to ship since they do not have the parts requested, and that they'll be returning the check back to us. I wonder if there's any legal action that can be taken against them since we committed to supply those parts to a government authority through a tender. Now, we are facing delay penalty in addition to the fact that we'll have to supply the parts no matter what; we'll be buying them locally at a high price. We also spent a lot of money on phone calls, plus multiple bank fees to issue them checks twice.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search