Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

My father in law was in Peru and stayed there for over 1 year because he was sick. Then he lost his greencard (permanent resident card). He went to the US embassy and they told him he could not come back to the US. Then he applied for a visa to come here to visit, and the US embassy granted him with a Visa. Now he's here with a visa visiting. Can he apply for a US resident card again? Or should he just ask for another resident card saying it was lost?

Latangie Williams Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A.

That would depend on whether his greencard was revoked due to abandonment. If not, he can apply to replace his greencard on Form I-90. If so, he can either fight the case for abandonment or reapply altogether.

For further assistance, please contact my office at 904-576-2581 or email me at [email protected]

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida