Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

New car headaches

I would like to know what the rights are of a consumer who purchases a new vehicle. My Husband & I purchased a 1999 Sport Utility Vehicle from a dealership in our town. Since that time we have had the engine replaced due to a major flaw, the front wiper assembly replaced twice, the engine compartment painted (it was damaged due to negligence installing a new engine), the rear wiper works only when it wants to, there is rust at all the seams surrounding the engine, the front end makes loud cracking noises when making a sharp turn, & there are cracks running along the length of the roof rack. We have been getting the run around from the dealership for months, we have requested to speak to a rep from the company, but the dealership refuses to notify us when the rep is in town! Do we have any legal recourse even though this doesn't fit into the guidelines of th Florida Lemon Law?

Christopher Wigand Fenster & Faerber

Re: New car headaches

I am not sure why you think this does not fit into the Lemon Law. How many days has your vehicle been out of service due to repairs? You do not necessarily have to have the vehicle in for the same thing three times in order to qualify. If you want more info contact me or the BBB Auto Line at 1-800-955-5100.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida

Consumer Law Legal Forms