Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

Supposedly, I owe $176 to Ebay and I just got a letter from debt collectors asking to pay it. Even though I never ever buy anything from Ebay. Nonetheless, i'm a minor, therefore the contract is in void, correct?

Some are saying that I'll be charged with fraud for signing up without being over 18 and some are saying that my parents are held responsible (they signed nothing).

Matthew Mazur Matthew Mazur, P.A.

Without seeing the letters it is difficult to say what basis they have for trying to collect from you. If you never ever had an ebay account or purchased items from ebay you should not have any issues. The concern I would have here is that you may be a victim of identity theft, as they got your name and address from somewhere. I would also think that if you never had an account, never bought anything from ebay that you may have Fair Debt Collection Violation claims against the collection agency.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms