Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/26/11, 1:38 pm

My husband and I got into an argument while he had been drinking and he got violent, we were separated at the time and running off the emotions of this as well. This was the first time it ever happened and I had him arrested. In 6 yrs he has never put his hands on me or talked to me abusively before. I filed an affidavit to have the charges dropped (which we are still waiting on an answer for). He has agreed to counseling and I know this was alcohol induced (he does not normally drink). He is not an abusive man and is a great provider and father. We have a child with Asperger's Autism and he is closest with my father. I disclosed this info to the state attorney. I do not want to testify against him as we are wanting to work on our marriage and I honestly do not feel he is a threat to me. What is the punishment if I comtempt court and do not testify against him should the state not drop the charges? I live in Bay County Florida. To be honest I don't want to testify and also cannot take off work and could lose my job for doing so.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search