Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

What could be a possible outcome with two pending misdemeanors "petty theft and drug equip or use"(paraphernalia) for a minor who has already done the diversion program with a passed felony charge? She was recommended a rehabilitation program (level 4) spent 60 days and we discharged her. The program is initially a 4-6 month program; However she is sober and doing all the right things. Will they suspend her license? This is in the state of Florida. (The petty theft was stealing cough suppressants). She was only "recomended" by Southwest Florida Addiction Services but not ordered. We put her in there voluntarily. What could be a possible outcome? Please no critisism I am taking all measures to help my daughter. Thankyou.

She also has an aggravated stalking charge for a 3rd degree felony in the passed that made worldwide media attention. She got a slap on the wrist with a diversion program thank god, and the charges were not brough upon. She is now being charged with the petty theft/ drug equip or use.

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Now that you have submitted more information, I can tell you that she faces a maximum penalty of one year jail on each of the two charges. Depending on the judge and prosecutor, drug treatment may be an option. You should get her an attorney so as to help minimize what could possibly happen to her and also assist in any treatment that may be necessary.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida