Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

vop in fl

On a vop(2nd degree misdermeanor) can the state charge with anything other than that charge if no new crime was committed?: My gf is in jail on a vop in fl, she was orignally charged with a felony, but the state dropped that charge, she left to go see her brother without permission and when she returned they found out, served a warrarnt for her arrest, she is scheluded to go to court soon, but the pd office sent a plea argrment for 8 months but under fl the max on a second misdermeanor is 60 days. Can the state go back and charge with the orignal charge

Asked on 1/03/09, 12:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Valerie Masters Valerie Masters, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: vop in fl

When you violate felony probation you are facing the max on the original charge

Read more
Answered on 1/03/09, 12:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now