Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I was Wrongly charged with Drug Paraphernalia

and went to the court with a letter from my doctor stating that I was in treatment and that I had every legal right to have it in my possession the judgement was Nol Pros which as I understand now is not a dismissal but just a deferment to throw back at me if I am convicted again for the same offense! this is wrong and I want the judgment changed an stricken from my record. how can I have this done?

Asked on 1/09/11, 1:48 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What you can have done is to get the charge sealed or expunged from your record. You must be eligible though. You should contact an attorney to see if you are eligible for this.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/11, 2:15 pm
Karen Kilpatrick
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


You would be able to expunge your record since the charges were dropped, if you met all the other eligibility requirements. Can you answer "no" to the following three questions?

1. Have you ever been convicted of a crime before?

2. Have you ever sealed or expunged a record before?

3. Are you currently under court supervision?

If you can answer "no" to the questions above, you would be able to expunge. Expungement means your court records and nonjudicial records associated with your arrest would be physically destroyed.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 1/14/11, 5:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now