Florida  |  Entertainment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/17/13, 4:13 pm

I'm producing a documentary film about a musical theater show. For me to include portions of the theater show in my documentary, I know the writer of the musical compositions will need to sign a master use and/or sync license for the songs. The performers have signed a standard 'personal release' for me to use their image and audio. Do the performers that sing in the show need to sign any additional music releases? How about the band members playing the music? What about the screenwriter of the play? Does he need to sign some type of form?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search