Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Child Custody & Support

My ex has recently decided not to pay child support because we share joint physical custody. Can he do that?

Asked on 5/03/07, 12:35 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gordon Nicol Law Office of Gordon T. Nicol
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child Custody & Support

Short answer is no. Child support can be modified based on the amount of time the each spouse has actual custody of the children. However support can only be modified by a court order. You should consult with a Florida attorney who practices family law to enforce the child support order. If you need assistance e-mail [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 5/03/07, 12:58 pm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child Custody & Support

No. You must have been in Court for the divorce and the matter of child support came up along with the shared custody issue. Both he and you must follow the order, which are not set out in this question.

Before anyone stops anything, they better have the judge OK it and just do it. If it happens, go back to Court!

Read more
Answered on 5/04/07, 9:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now