Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

i am getting a divorce in fl. i have been through mediation and taken my parenting course, everything is completed and agreements have been made. the mediation was the beginning of feb. this year. my hopefully soon to be ex has been dragging his feet ever since on completing his parenting course and the final portion of his financial paperwork. since he has waited so long, we have now been married ten years as of june. i am wondering how long the paperwork from the mediation is good for since it has been over three months without the signature of a judge?

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

It depends on your county. In most counties, your mediation is good for six months. You need to get the judge's office or case manager to set you case for trial very soon, but first you should file a motion to compel him to take the parenting course and produce his financial paperwork.

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Question not clear. If you all signed a mediation agreement check to see if that was approved by the court. If not then set the whole thing for trial, contact the court and get a pre-trial date.

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

In the counties where I practice the Mediator sends the Agreement to the Judge for approval right after the Mediation Conference. If not already submitted it needs to be submitted immediately.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida