Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My wife is moving to Canada with my child, and we are still married. I am filing for permanent residence for my wife in the US. Once that is complete, we will be getting divorced. However, the child's residence will be in Toronto, Canada, what are my rights to my daughter after being away from her for 6+ months once the divorce goes through? Will living and working in FL work against me come child custody?

Asked on 5/14/13, 11:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have full rights to your daughter. Make sure your divorce decree incorporates a comprehensive time sharing agreement.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 3:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now