Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

Rights and compensation if subpeonaed

I have been subpeonaed for a trial involving a former employer. I no longer live in that area of the state and I was served the subpeona 11-30-00 and have to appear on 12-04-00. The location is approximately 3 hours drive. With the subpeona was a $10 check. I had no warning that this was about to occur. Do I have any recourse for this short notice and am I entitled to travel expenses or other compensation.

Michael Tobin Michael M. Tobin, P.A.

Re: Rights and compensation if subpeonaed

This response may already be too late as it is 12/4 but I expect if it is a trial subpoena you have been called for the trial period which may last a week or two. You should immediately call the atty who issued the subpoena to find out when you will actually be needed. He is obligated to pay you for the actual mileage. he should have calculated the mileage and tendered you that amount withthe subpoena.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms