Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I want to petition for residency for my husband. We married in FL before his foreign divorce was final. It was final 1 year ago, & we now reside in TX. I was told our marriage is not valid for immigration purposes & we'll need to remarry. Do we need to divorce first? What happens to our marriage as far as the state of FL is concerned?

Asked on 11/02/11, 12:42 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Latangie Williams Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to consult with an immigration attorney as your husband has committed bigamy which could trigger deportation. For a free consultation, please contact my office at 904-576-2581 or email me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/03/11, 1:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now