Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

I have a car that ignited on fire. I am in the process of paying for the vehicle, i have paid roughly 7,000.00 and still owe 5 or 6,000. my insurance lapsed on dec, 17 so the insurance wont cover it. Is the auto dealer responsible or liable to any extreme. Or is there anything else I can do. I live in satellite beach,fl 32937 brevard county

Sarah Grosse Sarah Grosse, Esquire

You have not stated any reason why the dealer would be responsible. If it was a manufacturer's defect, the manufacturer may have some responsibility. In any event, I believe you still owe the dealer for the remainder of the purchase price of the car.

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

I suggest you go on line to fine out if the kind of car you have is prone to this problem. Of course, you need to know what caused the fire. If it was a manufacturer's defect, then you can hold the manufacturer liable. Want to know the law without going to law school? Protect yourself against ripoffs? Sign up for a free legal newsletter on various areas of consumer law by going to www.ConsumerLawyerHelp.com

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida