Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

defamation

I have recieved information that my neighbor has been telling others that I was the source of a phone call made anonomysly to social services, about family matters. I did not make this call, and I spoke to her both on the phone, and in person to clarify the situation. Her mother made a phone call to me stating that her husband (in retaliation)made a phone call to my landlord stating ''that since we moved in we have been nothing but trouble'' and other false staements. This person also stated (to her mother) that our landlord would be showing up with the police, and would be kicking us out of our rented home. This is impossible as per our rental contract. We have been nothing but good neighbors, until her son was trying to teach my child to play ''sex'' and we have not made contact with them for 2 mnths. This is probably the factor that makes her believe that I called, all the statements made to S.S. are true, but they did not come from me, directly, nor indirectly.

Anthony Comparetto Comparetto Law Firm

Re: defamation

Defamation happens all the time but most attorneys will not touch the case since their is no money in sueing for it. You can always file a lawsuit yourself for defamation.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida