Florida  |  Personal Injury

I live in a gated community and within the community is a group of women who raise money for charities by selling tickets to home cooked meals at the clubhouse and using the small profits to assist local charities. I am cooking most of the food for the next function and my husband is concerned that someone may find a reason to sue, either they fall at the event and/or claim the food made them sick. (By the way, I was a successful caterer for 12 years with no problems). I will be taking NO PROFIT from the proceeds. The event is being held in the community clubhouse with only community members attending. The clubhouse and surrounding property is covered by liability insurance . Could I and/or my husband be personally held liable in any way if anyone made such a claim?

Answered on: 9/28/09, 8:02 pm by Angelo Marino

IT is possilbe to sue you, the community group, and the gated community if you poisoned someone. ( "You" does not include your husband, unless he is participating also.) But no reasonable person would do so and no reasonable lawyer would take the case unless a very seruous injury occured.

Angelo Marino Jr. PA 645 SE 5 Terrace Ft Lauderdale, 33301