Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

I was one of the many people effected by the Chinese (defective) drywall situation from a few years back. I allowed the builder to "remediate" the situation by taking out the removing and replacing all of the effected drywall and other interior items. And, I signed a contract saying I could not sue them for anything related to the home not including medical expenses. Nothing seems to now be permanent, but during this time I had constant respiratory problems and weekly bloody noses. The entire situation caused so much anxiety (along with the health issues) that I had to take time off of work. Which also caused permanent damage to my professional reputation. Can I sue the builder for the health issues I had during my time living in the home and also for punitive damages?

Sean Cleary The Law Offices of Sean M. Cleary, P.A.

The contract you singed should be reviewed before being able to give you a definitive answer. Did you signed the contract with the building company? You may still be able to sue the manufacturer and/or U.S. distributor of the defective drywall.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida