Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

We want to avoid probate, my mom just died and my dad wants to make sure that I have no problem with probate, he has a will but wants to make it easy for me at the time of his death. We are in florida, the county told me that I could do a joint tenancy with right of survivorship, or a life eatate with me listed as the remainderman, which is best and what are the drawbacks of each is there anything else that would be better. Thank-You Alan

Asked on 8/24/09, 11:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Roemer Robert Brian Roemer LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Alan,

The best solution to your dad estate planning is for him to form a living trust and transfer his assets to the trust now.The successor trustee could be you so upon his death you could transfer his house and other assets to yourself.In addition , I recommend that he give you a power of attorney and a heath care power so you can act for him If he becomes incapitated . If you would like me to draft these documents or have further questions e-mail me your your phone number to discuss this further. I have stated to offer virtual law services like this as part of my law firms services.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/09, 11:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now