Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

If I buy a house in Sarasota,FL, does the lawyer doing the closing have to live/work in that town? - A lawyer from a different town (approx 1.5 hours drive away) would probably be cheaper.

Asked on 5/19/13, 7:17 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Read more
5/20/13, 2:54 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No requirement that the attorney be in the same town. Most of these closings can be done by email and fax and overnight. I have handled closings in different counties without a problem.

Read more
5/20/13, 7:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now