Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

Regarding Fl Statute 95.361; how do I file a claim in equity as mentioned in section 4 of the statute. I do not want my town to claim as public my private road. My deed describes a 30' easement for ingress / egress and public utilities. Other residents ( including a town council member) in my 60 acre, (12 five acre lots) unrecorded subdivision also claim that the road is private.

Asked on 11/03/13, 11:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Meyer Law Offices of Steven Meyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


That statute requires you to file a lawsuit in court protesting the governmental authority's right to take ownership of the road. There are strict time limits for doing this, as mentioned in that statute.

Our office is in Palm Beach County and we handle a lot of real estate matters. We'd be happy to speak with you about the situation.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/13, 6:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now