Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

A. How can I gain legal title to an abandoned home; Is there a way that I can legally gain title to the property?

B. What Attorney in Lee County, Florida can assist me in successfully getting the title put in my name?

1) What happens to abandoned property (residential home located in the city of Cape Coral, Florida "Lee County" has been vacant for three years)? The mortgage company that holds the mortgage said they don't own it and can't give any additional information.

2) The city foreclosed on the property for an enforcement violation “Stagnant water in pool”. The pool still hasn’t been drained.

3) Tax lien sold in 2007 for failure to pay taxes. The property has been vacant for more than three years.


Asked on 8/04/10, 5:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jane-Robin Wender JANE-ROBIN WENDER, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have to live in it and pay taxes on it for 7 years. This is called adverse possession.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/10, 2:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now