Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

A. How can I gain legal title to an abandoned home; Is there a way that I can legally gain title to the property?

B. What Attorney in Lee County, Florida can assist me in successfully getting the title put in my name?

1) What happens to abandoned property (residential home located in the city of Cape Coral, Florida "Lee County" has been vacant for three years)? The mortgage company that holds the mortgage said they don't own it and can't give any additional information.

2) The city foreclosed on the property for an enforcement violation “Stagnant water in pool”. The pool still hasn’t been drained.

3) Tax lien sold in 2007 for failure to pay taxes. The property has been vacant for more than three years.

Rob

Jane-Robin Wender JANE-ROBIN WENDER, P.A.

You have to live in it and pay taxes on it for 7 years. This is called adverse possession.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida