Florida  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/07/11, 3:52 pm

A year ago I co-signed on a vehicle with my son, who is in the Army. It is registered in Alabama and he is stationed in Texas. Recently he decided he couldnít afford it anymore and sold it to someone who was getting out of the Army and returning home to Florida. Their agreement was that he would send my son the money for the payments and when he got a job and could get a loan they would complete the sale. To protect myself, I want to go get the vehicle. I called the county sheriff in Florida where itís located to see if they could escort me and was told I could not get the vehicle without pursuing it legally as a civil matter. Is their contract legal? How should I proceed?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search