Florida  |  Social Security Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/22/12, 2:07 pm

My Aunt past away last year while living overseas of a heart attach at age 65, she received social security benefits through monthly automatic deposits into her bank account. I don't think her death was reported to SS administration. Her children continue to use her bank account money that she receives from SS administration, they said that she never divorced their father and that he should have received the benefits anyways, but he is not an american citizen and he remarried after they separated which was like 30 years ago. Are they in trouble for not reporting? who is responsible for reporting her death?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search