Florida  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/16/10, 4:18 pm

My mother recently went into an assisted living facility in Fla. My brother, who seems to be overstepping his role as executor, moved her belongings to his house in NH. Many things were promised to my family by my mother and he is refusing to give anything even though my mother has reiterated what she wants to go to whom. We live in Maine, she is in Florida and my brother is in NH. If we need to proceed in forcing him to do what she is asking, in what state do we file? If she writes and has her request notarized, is that enough to enforce legally in NH? Her will doesn't address any of these things.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search