Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

Protesting a will ( Time limit ? )

My father passed away last March in( Fla ) and the will wasn`t carried out to my dad wishes, my sister was in charge of his estate, exe, & p.o.a. there were no communiacations at all ,other then some moneys sent to a select few , our question is ,does she have to give me a full accountings of all his assets before and after his death, if I request them ? I myself had to call my dads lawyer to get a copy of the will , after hearing what I would rec`d , what is the time limit that we have if we decide to protest the will? Thanks

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Re: Protesting a will ( Time limit ? )

If you are a beneficiary she does have to distribute and account. I do not know what you mean by protest.

Robert Roemer Robert Brian Roemer LLC

Re: Protesting a will ( Time limit ? )

The will should be at the probate court within ten days after your fathers death. If you are a beneficiary of the will, you should have received at least some idea by now of the assets in the estate as well as your approximate share. If you have any of the suspicions you have expressed in your email, I would suggest you email me a phone number that I can reach you at to talk to you directly about all the facts because this should be resolved quickly.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida