Legal Question in Workers Comp in Florida

Hello i started a new job on months trail now in my seventh week with company and just had my appraisal in which they stated i havent reached the speed for the bonus just under.the lady said to me if you think you cant get the bonus you might aswell leave the company now or i will give you one more week and thats it.Other ladies that work there do not reach the bonus every week but sometimes.At the interview she did say that you can earn more by reaching the bonus but not that u had to , to keep your job.Where do i stand can they get rid of me for this reason

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

They can terminate you for any reason in this "at will" State as long as it is not discriminatory, i.e. due to religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, etc. This does not sound like a discriminatory reason so you can be terminated.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Florida

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms